Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Independence Day

Josh and I were able to spend time with both sides of the family for July 4th celebrations. Saturday we went to Josh's Pawpaw's for a cookout and fellowship with the aunts, uncles and cousins. Sadly, I forgot my camera because we were not even sure we'd make it to the cookout or not, so when the decision was made that we were going...I was too rushed to remember the camera! :o(

Sunday we went to our church for service and then went over to my grandparent's house for a cookout and swimming. A lot of my family didn't get to make it, so it was just my Grandparents, my Aunt, my cousin - Karlee, Josh and I. I was able to go swimming for the first time in what seems like an eternity and oh my did it feel good!!! I was also able to talk Josh into going swimming with me. (that took a lot of talk!!!) Later that night we watched our little LEGAL firecrackers while everyone around us in the neighborhood shot off their BIG ILLEGAL fireworks! LOL

Karlee being as cute as she can be!

Our little LEGAL firecrackers...ooh pretty! Ah, just ain't the same! LOL
(I think we're getting the BIG ones next year! Hehe)


1 comment:

Kristi said...

See, when you have cops in the family it makes it a little more difficult to do illegal things, huh? LOL

Sounds like you had a nice fourth. Just think, this time next year you'll be enjoying your little ones excitement as they wonder about the "BIG" fireworks.

~Kristi