Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Anonymous Question

I had someone ask me this question and I thought that I would answer that with a post.

"How exactly did you get saved?"

Well...my story is quite a long one..so..pull up a chair and take a sit down if you have not already done that.

It all started in 1994 when my parents were having marital problems, it had gotten really bad. They yelled all the time, they never got along. I was 5 at the time, I remember quite a bit about their fights. It scared me, my brother, and my sister a lot! Well in June of 1994 my Daddy left my mom. He said that he was leaving and that he would not be back. My mom was really torn up about all this. She worked with a lady named Jackie that had a very deep burden for my mom and dad to get saved. This lady was what my mom called "her persistent pest".
After my dad had left Mrs. Jackie tried even more to get my mom in church, and my mom's response was that she had already tried God and her husband had left her anyway. Well....my mom finally gave in and went to church with Mrs. Jackie. That Sunday morning, June 26th my mom got under conviction and got saved!!!
About two weeks later my daddy called and told my mom that he was going to a lawyer to file for divorce. My mom said that she knew what ever happened that everything was going to be okay. As soon as my dad called, Momma went into her room and prayed. The next thing we knew my dad came walking through the door telling my mom that he was home....but not for her, for us kids. He told her he did not love her like a husband should, but he was home.
My mom took the opportunity to invite my dad to church everytime we went, but my dad said no.
We had NBT/VBS at our church. It was the very first night of it. It was Monday July 11th, God began to work in my heart that night. They taught about Heaven and hell and that all people were sinners. God began to deal with me and I raised my hand to get saved. Some of you may say...oh you were too little. Let me just say this I was about the shyest kid that you would ever meet, if you even looked at me I started crying and put my fists in my eyes and hid my face. So for me to raise my hand and go with someone I didn't really know definitely had to be God!!!
I got saved that night by the grace of God!!!
Well....it was about 2 weeks after that my daddy finally agreed to go to church. He was out in the garage and he got under conviction and he knew there was no way he was going to get out of that church service the next day without getting saved. My dad had been to church several times growing up, so he knew what to do to get saved. My daddy got saved that day in the garage!!!

Here we are 13 years later, my daddy is called to preach and pastors a church, my parents are still together and are happily married, all of us kids have been saved and are active in our church. God is just so good!!!

If you need to be saved here is what need to do.

Come to the realization that you are a sinner.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Know that without God there is no way you will make it to Heaven on your own by your good works or self righteousness.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Realize the consequences of sin.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Believe what Jesus did on the cross was for you and that He was raised again on the third day.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
God loved you so much that He sent His only Son into this sin filled world to die on the cross of Calvary as a payment for our sins. Do this...say your name in the blank below.
For God so loved _______, that he gave his only begotten Son that ______ could be saved.
Not only did He die, but He didn't stay dead. He raised from the dead three days later.

I Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

All you have to do to be saved is believe those things above, call upon the Lord and repent of your sins and ask Him to save you.

I pray that someone got some help from this post. I have never had to answer a question with a post before, so this was very different for me. I pray it made sense!!

21 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I think you did a VERY good job!! I'm so proud of you and what God has done in and for our family!! To God be the glory...great things He hath done!!

Momma

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

You did answer it quite well!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristina praise the Lord that he saved you at a young age. I left my testimony on your moms thing again very lengthy that is for sure. I believe God can saved anyone at any age once they realize they are a sinner and they need a Savior. I hope someone comes by that needs Jesus and gets saved.

Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

I have always found it interesting to note that there is not one single recorded incident in the entire Bible of a child being saved. Nor is there an incident of a child being baptized. Why do you think that is?

Anonymous said...

I really don't know why that is. But I do know that children can be saved, God did not put an age limit to salvation. As long as you are the age of accountability and you are able to understand then you can be saved.

Mark 10:14
...Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

This verse is also in two other passages. (Matthew 19:14)(Luke 18:16)

Jesus Loves the Little Children, all the children of the world!!!

Anonymous said...

...Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.Mark 10:14

Is Christianity predominately made up of little children? Or are little children the majority in Heaven?
What this means is that the kingdom of God is full of converts who have that innocent, pure, humble, and teachable spirit found so often in little children. It is not so much age as it is attitude.

"Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men." I Cor. 14:20
How do children deal with malice? They easily forgive, readily accept apologies and soon forget. We are to be children in malice but men in understanding - speaking of a mature mind. A child must be old enough to have the understanding of an adult(or mature in understanding)in order to be saved.
If the need for repentance (dying to self-desire, submitting to God's authority, forsaking this world to live for the Lord), and faith(understanding who God is and what He is promising) cannot be understood, or if those things are not presented properly, then a child's prayer to be saved is meaningless.
Did the child:
1.) Fully understand the gospel?
2.)Feel the convicting power of the Holy Ghost?
3.)Was the child pressured into making a profession of faith?
4.) Does he have absolute assurance from the Spirit of God of his salvation?
5.) Does he have a lifelong testimony tha bears witness to the fact that he has been truly converted?
I am not trying to talk you out of salvation, but were all these things in order when you say you got saved? Eternity weighs in the balance, make your calling and election sure -

Kristina said...

Anonymous-
I agree with you. You are right about the verse I used and what you presented with them. I was not really sure what kind of answer you wanted from the question you asked. I must have miss understood your question, I'm sorry.

Yes those things were present when I got saved and I KNOW that I am saved and on my way to Heaven!! I am as sure about it as I am sitting in the chair right now! Thank God for his wonderful gift of salvation!!!!!

Kristina said...

Oops...misunderstood...and...this chair. LOL

Sis. Julie said...

Your site looks great Kristina!! I love what you did with it.

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Thanks for sharing Kristina, that's a blessing! Sometimes I doubt kids who say they were saved that young only because their lives don't show fruit, but yours does so I can believe it.

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember when I was 5...

Kristina said...

I can remember a lot from the age of five, but it was mainly because of the situation that our family was in at the time. I have a lot of memories from that time that I wish I could get rid of, but they are there.

I remember everything about my salvation, it is as fresh in my memory as if it was yesterday. If you can't remember anything about when you got saved, there is a good chance that it never happend. I am not talking about the time or what day it was, I am talking about the conviction that you had. That is one thing that no one will ever forget about their salvation.

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

I agree with you Kristina. I also agree that some people will remember things from when they were five and others might not. All the little girls that were abused at ages like that sure remember it. If it was a big event in your life, good or bad, you tend to remember it. And anyone who knows me knows that I don't believe in easy believeism, but I do believe that sometimes a child does get saved that young. By the way anonymous, why do you feel the need to be anonymous? Is it to try to stir up strife? Why don't you want us to know who you are?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to clear up that I was never abused as a child. I did see a lot of things from my parents, but I was never abused...I just wanted to clear that up.

Anonymous said...

No, I am not trying to stir up strife, forgive me if it appears that way. I was genuinely curious about Kristina's testimony - I have never met someone who was saved at a young age and I was curious about it and the events that led to it. And as for the questions, I had come across them in a book called "Finding Certain Disciples" and I was wondering Kristina's answers to them...BTW Kristina, your blog looks very nice :)

Unknown said...

Great post! We need a salvation plan on ours. I'm thinking of doing it via You Tube.

Anonymous said...

I am a late comer to your site. Upon reading the comments under your testimony, July 21, 2007 states a question:

" Anonymous said...
I have always found it interesting to note that there is not one single recorded incident in the entire Bible of a child being saved."

My answer is ... read 1 Samuel. Samuel as a child accepted Christ. He served in the temple with Eli and when God called Samuel, Eli instructed Samuel to say unto the LORD, "Speak now for thy servant heareth." A clear, precise example of a Christian speaking to his Saviour. If Samuel was not saved as a child, then Samuel would not be interested in speaking or answering God at age 7.

It does not matter when we come to the realization that we need Christ in our life; whether, it is age 5 or age 108. It only matters that we follow through in receiving Christ as our personal Saviour. Romans 6:23

Anonymous said...

One other thought, referring to July 28, 2007 comment from Anonymous "No, I am not trying to stir up strife, forgive me if it appears that way. I was genuinely curious about Kristina's testimony - I have never met someone who was saved at a young age and I was curious about it and the events that led to it."

I am concerned or bothered when people tell me they were saved in their youth or childhood and cannot remember the situation surrounding it or the circumstances which led them to want to accept Christ as their Saviour. Those are the individuals who I would say are not truely saved but rather state they are so they will "fit" in with the group.

Also, remember the Bible states that we will know them by their fruits! Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

fredsterific said...

I think it's cool that, not only do you share your testimony, but you also go the extra measure of showing someone how to be saved.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering why your little sister lives with your grandparents.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how "being saved" is different than a young Catholic being as aware as a child possibly can, of the gravity of the sacrament of First Penance and First Holy Communion. We enter the Catholic Church as "adults in the Catholic Faith" upon the Sacramento of Confirmation. I vividly remember each of these sacraments, received at the ages of 7, 7, and 12. I was keenly aware of the doctrine and word of God, and what was expected of me as a child of God, and the challenges of having free will in the fallible human world.

As I was baptized as an infant, I cannot speak to the existence of any level of self-awareness, and I am not asking to debate the absence of children being baptized in the bible.

So what do you, or others of your belief system, feel about Catholics welcoming God and His calling, at young ages. I realize that for some, the processes of these sacraments are experienced with little thought outside of "this is what we are supposed to do", but I was always aware of my soul.

I don't believe that I need to be saved (in the way that your post explains), because through my baptism and various sacraments, I have received the Grace of God (and continue to do so according to the dogma of my Church). How would you see me, then?