Monday, October 05, 2009

Answering a Question


From Anonymous:
"If you firmly believe firmly in the no touching rule, then why does your profile photo show you with your hands on your man?"


My reply to this question is this...

When Josh and I were courting, we agreed that a rule needed to be set as far as touching goes. We knew that holding hands led to hugging, hugging to kissing and kissing to something much more...and we just didn't want to put ourselves into a tempting situation. That is why we had the 6" rule. Here are some scriptures that we refer to.

I Corinthians 7:1-2
Now concerning the things wherefore ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

I Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

I Thessalonians 4:3
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.

Since Josh and I got married we no longer needed the 6" rule as a guard or protection so to speak from temptation, we are married and that Scripturally gives us the okay to touch.

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

That is why in my profile picture and in pictures I have posted since we got married, you will see me touching my Husband. I have God's permission! Thanks for the question!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your blog. It is very different from my lifestyle.Although, I do have some questions. What do you think of women who are christian but go to work and have degrees? Also, what about women who are Christian and do want to date? Is that considered horrendous?I am single and have a degree. I am no way trying to be critical, but I do have great faith in God. However, I do not live by such extremes. I guess I am just curious because this is all new to me.

Stephanie said...

LOL!!!! LOVE the new pic of you and Josh----nice faces! :D

Rhonda in Chile said...

With all due respect, I think that "Anonymous" is baiting you! I am all for asking questions, but you should say who you are.

The no-touching rule is for unmarried people. The rule for married people is no-less-than-six-inches rule!

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

I can relate to your post as I am not IFB but am a fellow Christian. We belong to a good Bible believing Presbyterian church. My late Aunt & Uncle were IFB tho. IFB's are wonderful folks which is why I read some of their blogs like this one. I don't follow all the legalism stuff some of them do like not wearing pants or listening to more contemporary music. I do treat stuff like that as a matter of personal preferences. Altho I do hate todays rock & roll as it's a bunch of Godless noise. And definitely am NOT a liberal.

Anyhow I think staying at home when married is the best but that it is okay if you are single or need the money. I don't believe in working just to gain glory or a career. Only if ya need the $$$. And I think you must never put work above your family. Like they say God #1, Family #2 and you last. I worked when I first married my dear late hubby (who is with the Lord) but after I got laid off & couldn't find a job sgain I stayed how as a homemaker. My late hubby got disabled due to undiagnosed diabetes & it making him legally blind. I was glad to stay home & take care of him, cook for him & drive him wherever he needed to go like the drs. We had a blast together. Yes, I was broke but God wanted me to take care of hubby. Now I am back home with my folks making sure they are okay. I couldn't afford to live alone so I've rented out my house to get some income & am living with my folks. Folks would ask why wouldn't I want to work thinking it was odd for me to be home. But I was happier this way & was doing what God wanted. I am so glad I stayed home with him. I treasure our yrs together.

You see IFB's believe the Bible and how it wants us to take care of our families & be with them. I know she will have a good answer for you... :)

Katy-Anne Binstead said...

Kristina, don't feed the trolls. This is probably coming from the True Womanhood site because your link was posted there. I post over there but I think it's rude of them to pick on a 20 year old woman who hasn't bothered them any. Anyway, I sent you some information about this. My advice would be to not feed the trolls...they will keep coming if you do.

Nora said...

You don't know me, but I enjoy reading your blog even though I don't agree with most of what you believe in. That person's question was really dumb since obviously you are married. I really just wanted to say that I like the new picture of you and Josh! Very cute!