Monday, June 16, 2008

We're Home

We made it home around11:30 last night. The family is handling this a whole lot better than I thought they would. None of this really hit any of us until we went and saw the house. I had never met my Uncle, so at first I just couldn't cry about all this, but when I saw the house and it really hit me that this REALLY happened...I broke. My Grandparents won't let it show that this is bothering them, they are trying to be strong for my Mom and her sister.

When we went through my Uncle's stuff there were some things we were able to get from in the house that did not get burnt. So we do have some keepsakes.

Despite the circumstances we did have a good time talking and hanging out with the family. I got to see my Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, and cousin for the first time in 4 years. We did get some pictures, and I will post them as soon as Jessica gets them to me!


No comments: