Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Discouragement

I have been going through a bout of discouragement for the past couple of weeks, but God has put some very special people in my life to help me. Sunday night someone told me just the right thing that REALLY helped me, and then I read some very encouraging posts both yesterday and today. I just wanted to get on here and tell everyone how good God is!! Isn't He just wonderful?!

Our Pastor preached a message Sunday night on "Sticking With God". As most of you know, we are going through something with my sister right now, and that has put a huge toll on our family. Because of what we have been going through I have gotten discouraged and behind in my relationship with the Lord. I had been very hurt because of what my sister is going to be doing in the next couple of weeks. But I realized Sunday night that I had to give what we were going through over to God and let Him work...not me! I was trying to tell my sister what she needed to do, and I was not letting God have the situation.

I just want to thank everyone who blogs. I get so much encouragement from reading your sites, and I know that a lot of others get the same encouragement!! So thank you to all of you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris,
Tht is so true. You do need to let go and let God have his way in your life and in the situation as Bro.Tim reached Sunday night. I pray that he will encourage you and build you back up. Love ya lots,Sis.Crystal

Ps. I will try and get you the tape fro Sunday night and send it w/ him next week

Anonymous said...

Kristina just wanted to let you know we are praying for what you have been going through if I can be a help u just got remember there is a lesson for you to learn out of all this, and keep Christ first lean on him and you can make through anything.

Bro Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristina,
I know, I never leave comments. I've got to try to do better about that. :) I dont visit blogs all that much, but I just wanted you to know that Jess and I are praying for you. I know this all has to be very hard on you. I dont know the whole of the situation, but I can imagine how hard it must be. God will bring you through. He always does :) It's so wonderful to know that isn't it??? When I'm going through a rough time, a song that always helps me is - This Valley is for ME. Lean on God. He's right there beside you :) Take care.

Love,
Amanda P.

Raphaƫl Pinson said...

My husband always reminds me that if I do get behind on spending time with the Lord I won't really be fully fed and then I won't be able to feed others, which is what I try to do a lot the time. I'm glad you get encouraged by reading some posts and the teachings. Don't give up, I know it can be tiring, but the battle is the Lord's... you are "all" in my prayers. The Lord is good!

Kristina said...

Mrs. Crystal,

Thanks...I look forward to getting the tape.

Kristina said...

Bro. Tim,

Thanks for the encouragement!

Kristina said...

Amanda,

Thank you so much for commenting. It really does mean a lot.

Sis. Julie said...

I know what you are going through Kristina and I understand so much what you are feeling because I SEE with my own eyes what you are going through. It pains my heart to see it too!! I want so much to take that pain from you or to take it for you...but I can't. And I have my own pain I'm experiencing through all of this. You have been such an encouragement to me and have been there for me to lean on and talk to. The times you and I share just talking mean so much to me!! I want that with Michelle but she refuses to have that with me but chooses to have it with other family members. Hang in there Sweetie!! God is in control of all of this and He will get the glory out of it all. Either through our lives as we go through it or her life as she comes out of this time she is putting us all through. I love you and thank God for you daily and the strength and God's grace that I see displayed in your life each day.

Thank you also for putting up with me!!

Anonymous said...

Kris,

I am praying for you and your family.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I haven't been around much dealing with my own stuggles but you and your family are often on my heart and mind.
Praying for you sister!
Take care
Love Amy

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Kristina,
I'm sorry this situation doesn't seem to be any better. I'll be praying for ya'll!!

Jimena said...

Haha,,, oh Kristina, I just noticed that I left you a message from my husband's account. I hope that didn't freak you out.

Hope things are better for you and your family. Still in my prayers :)

Kristina said...

Jimena,

I knew it was you that had left the comment. I have left many comments under my mom's name by accident before, so I completely understand!

Thanks for the prayers and for leaving the comment.