Monday, April 21, 2008

A prayer request.

I wanted to ask everyone on here to pray for Bro. Gene Harmon and his family. They are missionary's to China, and that is a very dangerous mission field. He has been arrested before for distributing King James Bibles and for witnessing to people. In his work there are 20 underground churches and 2 Bible colleges. We just found out that two men that were helping him smuggle Bibles into the mainland of China were followed from a train station, arrested, and interrogated. The Chinese officials have confiscated a computer that tells about the 20 underground churches. Bro. Harmon is not even allowed to go to his own home because they have it under 24 hr. surveillance. So he will keep moving around hopefully undetected. The biggest fear right now are all of the Chinese Christians that will be arrested or worse.

Bro. Harmon does have a wife and two daughters, their names are Nelly, Hope, and Faith. They greatly need your prayers right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for that man and his ministry! Thanks so much for telling us about it. If you know any more or hear any updates, please let us know!

Kristina said...

I will do that if I hear anything more.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristina,

I am a reader of your mother's blog and somehow ended up here on yours. I noticed this post about Bro. Gene Harmon and his family. My husband and I have met he and his wife and daughters many years ago. I was wondering if you had heard anymore about this situation.

Thanks so much.

Many Blessings
Michele

Anonymous said...

I got your comment Kristina, thanks so much! (o: