Saturday, May 19, 2007

A poem with no name.

I wrote this poem the other night and I have no title for it, so I need some suggestions. Any help at all would be great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was really little,
About the age of three or four,
I would get really scared,
When I'd hear a slamming door.

Mom and Dad would yell a lot,
Us kids never understood,
We knew that there were problems,
And we'd have fixed them if we could.

They never got along you see,
It's God's love that they did lack,
So when they did split up,
Dad said I won't be back.

My mom worked with a Christian,
Who asked her to come to church,
My mom said I'll try it,
Since nothing else has worked.

When my mom went that day,
And she fully realized,
That she was a rotten sinner,
She let that old man die.

Now that she was saved,
She began to really pray,
That God would bring her husband home,
For good and there to stay.

One day when my Daddy called,
About a few weeks later,
He said that he was on his way,
To file a divorcement paper.

Mom then went into her room,
To pray to God in Heaven,
About what Daddy said,
And about the situation.

The next thing that we knew,
Dad was walking through the door,
He said that he was home,
They needed to talk some more.

He said I don't love you,
I'm just here for the kids,
We'll put a month on trial,
We'll try this out again.

She'd pray to God every day,
That He would let this work,
Please God save my husband,
And let him get in church.

After weeks of asking,
Daddy finally agreed,
He said that he would go,
So his wife would no more plead.

Daddy had gone in the garage,
To get alone and think,
He'd knew he'd been convicted,
His soul was tired and weak.

So there that day my dad got saved,
His life forever changed,
Then he told his wife,
My life is rearranged.

It's been twelve years since all this happend,
All of us kids are saved,
My parents are still married,
And dad preaches the Word today.

So next time you say it's impossible,
I've got a different story,
God put our family back together,
I give Him the praise and glory.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This poem is the story of how my mom and dad got saved and how God restored their marriage. I am so glad for what God did!!! Isn't He just awesome!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know I left a comment on your mom's site, but I figured I would leave one on yours also. You did a wonderful job and to come up with something like that in 30 minutes is truly a gift that God has blessed you with. Use it for his glory, poetry sometimes helps people deal with troubling times in their lives. Good job.
Bro Tim

Kristi said...

God is indeed awesome, Kristina, and what a great way to tell your parent's story and God's woking hand.
As far as a title, I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure one will come to you in time.

~Mrs. Kristi

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

That's a really great poem, Kristina!! It's amazing how God worked that situation out for ya'll and how ya'll are now serving Him!!

Ginger said...

Hi Kristina,
I found your blog on your mom's blog. I really liked that poem. You really have a gift of writing!Come visit my blog sometime!
Ginger

Lyndy said...

Hi, Just wanted to let you know what a great poem. I read it over on your moms blog but wanted to tell you too.

I am from GA and hoping to get over to visit your church and here your dad preach soon.

Lyndy

Kristina said...

Thanks to all of y'all for coming over and commenting, it means a lot!!

Lyndy,
That would be pretty neat to get to meet you.