Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Tuesday's Quotes"

This weeks quotes are taken from Matthew Henry. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Some people do not like to hear much of repentance; but I think it is so necessary that if I should die in the pulpit, I would desire to die preaching repentance, and if out of the pulpit I would desire to die practicing it.”

"The joy of the Lord will arm us against the assaults of our spiritual enemies and put our mouths out of taste for those pleasures with which the tempter baits his hooks."

"He whose head is in heaven need not fear to put his feet into the grave."

"You have been used to take notice of the sayings of dying men. This is mine: that a life spent in the service of God, and communion with Him, is the most comfortable and pleasant life that anyone can live in this world."

"When I cannot enjoy the faith of assurance, I live by the faith of adherence.""Grace is the free, undeserved goodness and favor of God to mankind."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that you enjoyed these quotes. Have a good day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed them Kristina thanks for sharing.
Bro Tim