Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Chipped tooth, therapy, lunch, dentist and dinner with a straw.

It all started out really well today at 7:30 when I got up, but as the day progressed things got worse!!! Let's start with the chipped tooth.
Okay....9:37 A.M. I was riding down the road in our expedition when suddenly I ran my tongue across my teeth and felt this rough indention on a tooth. So I took out my little mirror to see what it was, and sure enough I had chipped my tooth. The amazing thing about it was that I had had nothing to eat at all and had no hard candy or gum. So by now I am thinking about what in the world chipped my tooth, while thinking I realized "Wow, this thing hurts!!". The good thing is that later in the day I would have a dental appointment and they would fix it. So I sat back and tried to enjoy the rest of the ride to the therapy place.

10:30 A.M. We went back in the BIG therapy room for Michelle's thumb theropy. That was the first time that I had gone to one with her. It was interresting that is for sure! After and hour of joking, laughing and Michelle working her thumb we left there and headed for lunch.

11:45 A.M. We went to Zaxbys for lunch and I tried to get something that I could eat with a chipped tooth. Well...I thought that I could eat their chicken fingers okay.......I thought WRONG!!! I tried chewing on the other side of my mouth, but it did not work out so well, I was getting stuff into that other tooth and it hurt. So needless to say, I did not eat lunch!!!

1:49 P.M. I was in the dental chair (anyone that knows me knows that I don't like going to the dentist at all) and she was poking my teeth and getting them all clean. We were having a good time and all.....until she called in Dr. Watts! He came in and looked at the x-rays and shook his head. Come to find out, because of the braces and me not being able to get them brushed as good as before I had them......I have.........um..........yeah....it's bad........8 cavities!!! I know, I know it's pretty bad!!! It wasn't my fault though. He told me that it usually happens when people have braces. After all that bad news....I was expecting to get that tooth fixed while I was there. NO!! That is not what he had in mind. He told me to go make an appointment for him to fix the cavities. I was a bit worried when the appointment turned out to be not for another 3 WEEKS!!!! After hoping that I would get it fixed and being a little disappointed we left.

About 5:15 P.M. I asked for tomato soup for dinner, something I could eat with the chipped tooth. I tried to eat it, but it just would not work really well with a spoon. So after thinking about how to eat.....I said "I know what I'll do, I'll just eat it with a straw." Momma laughed and said "Eat it with a straw...that's funny!!!". So without much deliberation, I sipped my soup with a straw!! And that so far has been my day! I hope that everyone else got a much better one than me!!! God Bless!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it that you have that chipped tooth and the 8 cavities. And it was funny that you drank your tomato soup with a straw!! That was a new one I'd not seen nor heard of before. But if it works for you then so be it...LOL!! You do what you gotta do. We might just have to blend up everything you eat so you can drink it through a straw!! Yeah...I think that might work!! LOL!! Whatcha think?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your day yesterday it makes you feel better I probably have at least 10 cavities, a broken tooth, gum disease and two teeth that are going to have to be surgically removed. Well as far as eating the tomato soup with a straw you got to do what you got do. lol Have a great day. Bro Tim

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

I'm sorry. :(
My siblings have eaten tomato soup with a straw before. :)
Some other straw things you could try are; mashed potatos ( make them runny ), yogurt, pudding, etc.