Saturday, September 05, 2009

"But God"

Romans 3:10- As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:14-18- Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Romans 3:23- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death...

Romans 5:8- BUT GOD commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:4-5- BUT GOD, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Eve when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace are ye saved;)

Josh and I were talking about our testimonies and other peoples testimonies, where they'd come from, when and how they got saved. As we talked about it Eph. 2:4-5 popped into my mind and I couldn't help but remembering where my family was and what direction we were headed in, we were possibly only weeks away from my parents being divorced and my siblings and I having to share weekends with our parents...BUT GOD!

Ephesians 2:4-5
BUT GOD, who is rich in MERCY, for his GREAT LOVE wherewith he loved US, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by GRACE ye are SAVED;)

Never forget where you would be if it hadn't been for God!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Labor Day to you and your husband.

Sis. Julie said...

Great post Honey!! I too think often of where our family would be had God not intervened in our lives like He did!! I can't thank Him enough!! There is really no telling where any of us would be....but I know we would not be together. Daddy would have his life and I would have had to go off on my own with you kids and none of y'all may have met who y'all met and married. When you think of all that...you can't help but praise His holy name!!

J.H said...

Amen to that :-)

Sarah Brown said...

Amen Kristina! In fact, our family has a very similar "but God" story. He is good, isn't He??? :-) Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

Amen! That's good preachin' girl!

~Kristi