Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This year is going to hold a lot of changes for my family and me. A lot of you read my mom's blog, so those of you who do probably know what I am going to say.

My dad told our church Sunday evening that we would be leaving the church to be Missionaries with Highways and Hedges Prison Ministries. He asked the church to give us 3 or 4 months so that he can find a job and get a house for us to live in. (Right now we live in the Parsonage)

So in the next couple of months we will be leaving this church to head into the world of deputation and mission work. This is a HUGE change for us personally, we never even thought about us going into missions, but the Lord had other plans for our family. We are excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. But we are looking forward to it!

Happy New Year to all of you and remember to trust God with everything this year! He has a plan for your life...and sometimes it may shock you when you find out what it is!! :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right sometimes the plans that God has for us do shock us. I never thought I would end up 45 minutes from where I preached my first message. I am glad to her that you excited to see what the Lord is going to do in your life.We are praying for you all.

Bro Tim

Kristina said...

Bro.Tim,

Thanks for the prayers!!!

Jimena said...

I love your new profile picture. I have been praying for you guys for sometime now and will continue to do so. Your family has been a blessing to me and I look forward to see what the Lord will have for you all. God bless...

Jessica said...

I hate that yall are having to leave the church. But I'm glad that yall will be doing God's work. I know that yall have to do what the Lord wants for you. I'm gonna miss our Sunday Afternoons together. :( But hopefully we will find time to spend together.

I'm praying for you and I love you,
Jessica

Kristi said...

Wow, this is big news! God will use your family, I am sure of that! I'll pray for you!

~Kristi

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

That's great news. I'll definitely be praying for you.

Also, you won the free book giveaway for this week over at my site. Be sure to get your mailing address to me somehow so that my wife and I can mail it to you. You can email me or something. Congratulations!