Friday, March 09, 2007

Thinking about my Grandpa...


I have been thinking a lot here lately about my Grandfather that died in the Vietnam War. Jessica (my brother's fiance) gave me something with the Wall on it and it set me to thinking. I was thinking of how proud he would be that his son is preaching the gospel. How proud he would be that he has three grandchildren. How proud he would be that Ronnie is marrying a good godly girl. Those are the things that I have been thinking on. Even though I never knew him, I love him and miss him lots!!

I have an uncle over in Iraq right now, and we all miss him lots. We pray for him daily that he would be safe while there and have a safe return. Please pray for him, he is lost. Pray that God would put someone in his path that would be a godly influence and witness to him. Chris knows that he is lost, he has told us that. Please, please pray for him. He will be in Iraq for anywhere from 6 months to a year. Thanks!

I also want to say thanks to all the men and women in the military that have fought to keep our freedom and give freedom to people in other countries. Thanks to all of you!!!

3 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

This is a very good and touching post Kristina!!! It blesses my heart when I hear or see you or your brother or sister speaking of your grandfather whom we never knew. And think about it...your daddy never really knew him either. It is also a blessing to see you asking for prayer for your uncle Chris. He is in a very dangerous place under very dangerous circumstances...thus far God has protected Him and I can't thank Him and praise Him enough for that. I'm trusting and believing that God is going to put someone before him that will be a witness to him one more time. God is sovereign and knows what He is doing!!

Momma

Jessica said...

Hey Kris,
I'm glad you liked the photo book. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you.
I wish I would have been able to meet your Grandpa Brown.... but it's good to know that we will all get to meet him someday! Thank God he was saved, so that we will have that oppertunity!!

I'm praying for Chris!!

I'm looking forward to seeing yall tomorrow!! :)

Love you, Jess

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

I'm sure your grandpa would be proud, but Hey! Since he was saved, he's one of those "great cloud of witnesses" so, he already knows and he's cheering ya'll on!!! Neat, isn't it??