Sunday, December 31, 2006

What your New Year resolution?

Is it it go on a diet and lose weight by this time next year? Is it to be a better citizen? What is your resolution for 2007?

My resolution for 2007 is to be the best Christian that I can be with the help of the Lord. I want to be closer to him this coming year than I ever have before! The Bible says in Psalm 73:28 "it is good for me to draw near to God". A great new years resolution for a lost person is to get saved and become a whole new creature. That would be amazing wouldn't it, to be a complete new person for the up coming year. I am really looking forward to what God is going to do in this up coming year!!!
The way the world is looking Christ's coming is very soon!! There is not that much time left for us here in this world. That is very exciting for the Christian, but very devistating for the lost world.
What is your resolution for 2007?

I am thine O Lord
I am thine , O Lord, I have heard thy voice
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drwan to Thee.
~~~~~~~~~
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.
~~~~~~~~~~
Consecrate me now to Thy service Lord,
By the power of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
~~~~~~~~~
Draw me nearer. nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious side.
~Fanny J. Crosby

4 comments:

Three Sisters Blog said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR KRISTINA!!!

~3 sisters

Anonymous said...

Amen! That is a good resolution. That is one of the things I have asked God to help me do this next year. It seem at the end of the year I kind of drifted away from some things. I am so glad that we get a time that we can set and start over even though in the Christian life we can start over at any time.
Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

This is one of my New Year's goals as well...to draw closer to the Lord than I have ever been before. The devil tried working on me about this the other day when I failed Him in an area. He tried telling me that I can't get close to the Lord...that I fail Him too much. All I knew to tell the devil was that "Tomorrow is new with NO mistakes". I got that from Anne of Green Gables. It just struck me hard that she said that. So although the devil tries to tell me that I can't get close to God I know that the opportunity is there as long as I strive for it. God's forgiveness is real!! Thank God for that!! Good post!!!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

That's a great New Year's resolution!