Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"How To Speak To People"

" I came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God." I Corinthians 2:1b
" I could not speak unto you as unto spiritual" I Corinthians 3:1a

Notice how politicians speak. They speak so that men will put their faith in them and vote for them. Paul did not speak as a politician, seeking to win a popularity contest. Paul is our example. How did Paul speak so that men would put their faith in God? It depended on the audience.
1. How to peak to the Lost: Paul spoke to the lost about the testimony of God (the gospel). "...declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I am determind not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (I Corinthians 2:1b-2) We must speak plainly to those who are lost. Our main concern for the lost is- Do you know Christ crucified?
2. How to speak to the Spiritual: Paul spoke to spiritual Christians about the meat of God's word. For a church to mature, they need more than simple gospel (milk). Thye need also to know God's plan for them after they are saved (meat).
3. How to speak to Carnal: "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ." The longer a person is saved, the more spiritually mature he should become. It is one thing to grow old in the Lord; it is another thing to grow up in the Lord (Eph 4:15). A carnal Christian is a spiritual baby. Spiritual maturity is dependant upon a spiritual diet (I Peter 2:2 and Matt. 4:4).

2 comments:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Very good, did you write that yourself????

Kristina said...

Um...no I got it out of a book. I would that I wrote it myself...but no.